LEXHAM PRIVACY NOTICE
As required by the General Data Protection Regulation
Who we are
We (and “us” and “our”) are the Lexham group of companies (“Lexham”) comprising Lexham Insurance Consultants Ltd (an independent insurance intermediary also trading as Marble Arch for claims handling) and LXM Management Ltd (a provider of loans), both of whom are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We comply with the UK’s data protection laws and are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Lexham Insurance Consultants Ltd. Registered office Unit 21, Hopper Way, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4NG, registered in England no. 03897329.
LXM Management Ltd. Registered office Unit 21, Hopper Way, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4NG, registered in England no. 04846579.
Information about you
Most of the information we hold about you (and any other named person insured) will have been provided by you, or by someone acting on your behalf.
The personal data we collect can vary but can include:
- Your identity and contact details such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, job title, or other personal information concerning how you have consented to interact with us,
- Your financial and payment data such as your bank account or payment card details, transaction details or other data necessary for processing payments, fraud prevention and other related billing material
- Your insurance policy information, which may include data about information about previous or current claims, your health, criminal convictions, risk information or other special categories of personal data,
- Your profile and usage data, including any passwords to our websites, password protected services, your preferences in relation to receiving marketing materials from us, your other communication preferences, and information about how you use our websites (please refer to our Cookies section below),
- Technical data including information collected during your visits to our website, the IP (Internet Protocol) address, device IDs, login data, browser type and version, operating system and platform (please refer to our Cookies section below)
We may also collect some data from other sources, such as;
- agencies to verify such things as identity and address, County Court Judgements or HM Treasury sanctions;
- credit checks (these are “soft” checks that do not affect your credit rating);
- other openly available sources of data and social media where appropriate (e.g., to help to verify claims-related data).
When you call us, we may record your call, to help us with quality assurance and allowing us to monitor the services we provide.
Please ask if you would like more details relating to how we use your data.
Sensitive personal information
This includes information relating to health, disability, and criminal convictions. Such data will be used only in connection with an insurance quotation or the administration of an insurance contract (e.g., in connection with a claim).
What this information is used for and the basis for using it
To provide our service to you, we need to collect and process personal information about you and disclose it to certain other parties such as Insurers. This information is used to assess your insurance risk in order to provide a quotation, to administer any insurance and loan arranged, to deal with a claim and provide appropriate services, to recover debt, etc (where required under a contractual necessity). It will also be used to check for possible fraud, money laundering, or other crime (legal obligation). We and your insurer will not be able to provide the requested services without this data.
This information is held in strict confidence, and we take its protection very seriously, for example, the information you submit is encrypted during transmission.
We may contact you in connection with any quote requested, policy arranged, or to inform you of our products or services. We will contact you in connection with your policy from time to time (e.g., prior to renewal) and we may send you marketing communications. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications, please inform us via any of the contact points shown at the bottom of each page (though you cannot opt-out of receiving the acknowledgment e-mail we will send when a quotation is requested).
Who we may pass your information to
- Potential insurers to enable them to provide quotations or cover.
- Other entities in order to deal with a claim, for example, various service providers such as vehicle damage assessors and repairers, replacement vehicle providers, and solicitors may need to be supplied with information about you.
- Other insurers or insurance industry databases (to help prevent fraud).
- The Motor Insurance Database (as required by law).
- Government agencies such as DVLA.
- A loan company (LXM Management Ltd) and a direct debit operating company (Bexhill UK Ltd), if you arrange a loan through us, and a debt recovery agency if you default on the loan.
- Anyone who you may have asked us to deal with.
It is possible some of these organisations may transfer your data overseas and this may mean it may not be as secure as in the UK (e.g., a foreign government may forcibly access data), but our contracts with them require that they provide the same level of protection as we do.
Lexham Group Companies who we may pass your information to
- LXM Management Ltd (“LXM”) provides loans to those clients of Lexham Insurance Consultants Ltd (“LIC”) who wish to spread the cost of their annual insurance. LXM is the loan provider and LIC is a credit broker.
- Marble Arch, a trading style of Lexham Insurance Consultants Ltd, and a specialist provider of motor insurance claims services.
- Lancaster Gate Assistance is an appointed representative of Lexham Insurance Consultants Ltd and is a dedicated Motorcycle Claims, Hire and Repair solution.
- CAM Legal Services, authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, CAM Legal Services are specialist claims handlers.
How long we keep your information
We only keep information about you if necessary for reasons as outlined above. Normally, we will delete it by 14 months after you have requested a quotation but not arranged cover, or 7 years after any insurance you have arranged has expired (in case any claim or legal action arises).
Other persons involved with your contract
If you provide personal data about another person (such as a named rider covered by your insurance, a loan guarantor, or a passenger injured in an accident), it is your responsibility to ensure you have their agreement to do so and, to inform them of all relevant matters relating to their data, to the terms of any insurance and loan arranged. Or you may arrange for them to contact us.
If you click through to any other website from this one, you will be subject to the Terms and Conditions of that site while you are on it. We accept no liability for any content, products, or services that are accessible from these third-party websites, and we can give no assurance about their security.
We make all reasonable efforts to keep our website and systems free from viruses and other harmful features, but we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses, or other harmful material that may infect your equipment, programs, or data resulting from your use of our website.
We may also use some third-party software or products to provide you with our services. If we do so and provide third parties of any personal data, you can be sure the transfer is legal and secured. The third parties we use will have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you review them. They will also explain the use of personal information that you submit to them, or which is collected by their website’s cookies or other tracking technologies whilst using their services. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party services and your use of these is at your own risk.
Children personal data
We do not collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you notice we collect and process personal data of anyone under this age, please contact us. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through our websites.
Required by law: In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Insurers’ rating procedures are partly computer-based and your personal data will be used by such processes to assess the risk and provide any quotation.
Your data is transmitted safely by using encryption. We secure our website and other systems with technical and organizational measures against the loss, destruction, access, change or dissemination of your data by unauthorized persons.
Your rights regarding your personal data we hold
• To receive a copy of this data.
• To ask us to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete data.
• To ask us to stop sending you any marketing communication.
• To complain about our use or storage of it.
• Where we rely on your consent to use this data, to ask us to stop using it or to limit its use or to delete it.
Our contact details relating to data
If you have any query regarding the storage, use, or accuracy of data we hold about you, or to exercise any of your rights, please contact us specifying your request as follows:
The Data Protection Officer, Lexham Insurance / LXM Management, Unit 21, Hopper Way, Diss, IP22 4NG or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will tell you if we are unable to comply with your request, or how your request might impact you when you contact us.
If after contacting us as above you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner's Office ("ICO") - https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Their address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel. 0303 123 1133 (local rate) or 01625 545745 (national rate)