Quad Bike Insurance

Road legal quad bikes are becoming more common as work and commuting vehicles. As an experienced quad and ATV insurance provider, we can offer you a great insurance deal for your road quad bike.

Renew online or on our app

You can now renew your policy quickly and simply on the Lexham Insurance App or online via the Lexham Portal!


4.32 Average | 2282 Reviews

Renew online or on our app

You can now renew your policy quickly and simply on the Lexham Insurance App or online via the Lexham Portal!

Road legal quad bike insurance

If you use your quad bike on the road, it’s vital you get it insured. Here at Lexham, we are specialist ATV and quad insurance providers with years of experience, meaning we are able to get you the best possible quote for your quad. 

Our specialist insurance covers road legal quad bikes and ATVs, we are also able to provide insurance cover for quad bikes and ATVs used for agricultural or business use.

  • Third-party to fully comprehensive
  • Agricultural & business cover available
  • For ages 21 +
  • SORN / laid-up cover available
  • Instant quote & cover
  • Personal Accident & Excess Protection available

What types of insurance do we offer

  • 3rd party only

    Third-party quad insurance is the most basic form of cover. This will cover you for any third-party damage or injury. This cover does not insure you for damages to your vehicle or injury to yourself in the event of an accident.

    Get a Quote
  • 3rd party fire and theft

    This insurance type covers you for everything in Third-party Only, plus fire-related damage to or theft of your quad.

    Get a Quote
  • Comprehensive

    Fully comprehensive motorcycle insurance from Lexham offers you complete cover. You will be covered for all of the above as well as accidental damage to your vehicle due to an accident.

    Get a Quote

Quad Bike Insurance FAQS

What do I need to legally ride a quad bike on the road?

To ride a road-legal quad bike on the road you will need to hold either a category B (full car licence) or B1 licence if it was issued before January 1997.

The vehicle must be registered with the DVLA, taxed, have a valid MOT certificate and a minimum of third-party insurance cover.

Do you need insurance to ride a quad bike on the road?

Yes. You will need to be insured to ride a quad bike on the road.

What types of quad bikes do Lexham insure?

There are a multitude of different quad bikes & ATVs available to ride on the UK's roads and at Lexham we have a specialist broking team who will discuss your requirements and will tailor an insurance quotation specially to suit your needs.

At Lexham we cover Leisure Quads & Utility Quad Bikes.

Do Lexham offer insurance to young riders?

Our insurance policies cover everyone from 21 to 75.

Can I carry passengers?

Provided the vehicle is legally made to take a pillion cover can usually be provided but must always be declared and insurers often charge an additional premium for this.

It's easy to get a quote

  • Online

    Instant quote & cover available for this product online

    Get a Quote
  • Phone us

    Lines are open Mon-Fri 8.30am - 7.00pm, Sat 9.30am - 4.30pm.

    Call us 01379 646 529
  • We'll call you

    We can call you back at a time that's convenient for you

    Request a callback

Lexham Insurance

© 2002-2024 Lexham Insurance Consultants Ltd. All rights reserved.